The featured Diva for this week is Dr. Jaclyn Garlich. Read the full feature below to learn how Jackie is empowering Optometrist to remain at the forefront of the profession.
Jackie Garlich, O.D., F.A.A.O.
Elite Diva - Somerville, MA
1. Tell us a little bit about you?
I’m originally from the Midwest but now I live in Boston with my husband and two kids. I like to travel and have lived in Thailand and Panama. Watch the video for some very interesting details about my life in Thailand.
2. What made you decide to become an Optometrist?
I was living in Panama at the time and thought optometry seemed like an interesting profession. I volunteered at an eye clinic and loved it!
3. What Optometry school did you go to?
4. Where do you currently practice?
I own a private practice in Boston, Ma – Envision Optometry
5. Do you offer any specialty services in your practice?
Dry Eye Specialty Services
6. Name 1 to 3 hurdles you personally faced in your career and how did you overcome them?
1. COVID-19! – I am hustling more than I ever have, strategizing, and adapting to this new normal.
7. If you could go back to when you were a student, what advice would you give yourself?
In clinic, always take the hard cases. They can be so intimidating but you will learn so much for them.
Do you have a product or side business you’d like for us to include in your feature?
I also write 20/20 Glance, a once a week optometry newsletter that gives a quick rundown on clinically relevant optometry news in an easy to digest format.
Watch the video to learn about the experience I had in the clinic one day that led to the creation of 20/20 Glance.
To contact Jaclyn, email her at [email protected].